About Angela Manz
Angela is the leader of The Manz Law Firm pack, with the key purpose of helping clients achieve two main goals: planning for the future and coping during times of crisis. Angela graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and acquired her Juris Doctorate at the College of William and Mary Marshall Wythe School of Law.
Having practiced for over a decade, Angela focuses her firm’s efforts on estate planning and helping families obtain Medicaid and Veterans Administration benefits to pay for long-term care. Angela dedicates her time, energy and legal expertise to helping you and your loved ones prepare to retire and live comfortably, and to helping make your money last to pay for care and possibly leaving an inheritance for your children.
Angela has first-hand experience with taking care of a loved one. Angela lived with her grandparents during her teen years and helped to care for her great-grandmother, who lived with them also, and who had physical and cognitive needs. She knows first hand the struggle of having to place a loved one into a nursing home. Angela also helped to personally care for her grandfather, grandmother and then her father before they finally reached their heavenly home.
In the office, Angela provides a defensive backbone and iron-fisted leadership, along with an inexhaustible supply of quick wit and offbeat jokes that every office needs. Angela is the mother of an amazing and witty daughter and the wife of a retired Navy Chief. When she’s not planning your future or assisting with other legal matters, you can find her reading a never-ending supply of books (and donating to the library with her late fees), helping her grandmother use Facebook, and plucking at the banjo – slowly, but surely.
Angela tells all of our families: “Getting older is a team sport.” And we would love to be on your family’s team to help you work through these difficult times.
- B.A. Magna Cum Laude, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Juris Doctorate, the College of William and Mary, Marshall Wythe School of Law
- Virginia Bar
- Wealth Council
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Feb. 19 – 21, Virginia Association for Elder Law Attorneys, Unprogram, Boar’s Head Inn, Charlottesville, VA, vaela.org
- May. 26, ElderCounsel webinar, How to File a Medicaid Application,
- Jun. 23, ElderCounsel webinar, How to File a VA Application, http://www.eldercounsel.com
- Jun. 11 – 12, ElderCounsel, Veterans Pension Immersion Camp, Atlanta, GA
- Jun. 25, Virginia Continuing Legal Education, Veterans Administration Accreditation, Charlottesville, VA, http://www.vacle.org
Angela Manz is licensed to practice law in Virginia and North Carolina.