Angela N. Manz
Angela is the leader of our pack, with the key purpose of helping clients achieve two main goals: planning for the future and coping during times of crisis. Angela graduated Magna Cum Laude at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and acquired her law degree at the College of William and Mary, Marshal Wythe School of Law. Having practiced for over a decade, Angela focuses our firm’s efforts on estate planning and helping families obtain Medicaid and Veterans Administration benefits to pay for long-term care. Angela dedicates her time, energy and legal expertise to helping you and your loved ones prepare to retire and live comfortably, and to helping you make your money last as long as (or even longer) than you.
Angela could likely have drafted more estate plans and filed more Medicaid and VA applications than you have had slices of pizza – and enjoyed it more too. She provides a defensive backbone and iron-fisted leadership, with the inexhaustible supply of quick wit and offbeat jokes every office needs. She hopes to see a world that one day has a library with no late fees and a created force field around her keyboard that repels cats and sticky fingers.
When she’s not planning your future or assisting with other legal matters, you can find her reading a never ending supply of books (hence the library late fees), attempting (and failing) at making homemade wine, and spending time with her amazing daughter, if only to answer the question “why” for the bajillionth time. More importantly, in defiance of all of our predictions, she still has not lost her iPhone.
- B.A. Magna Cum Laude, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Juris Doctorate, the College of William and Mary, Marshall Wythe School of Law
- Virginia Bar
- Council of the Elder Law Section of the Virginia Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Feb. 19 – 21, Virginia Association for Elder Law Attorneys, Unprogram, Boar’s Head Inn, Charlottesville, VA,vaela.org
- May 26, ElderCounsel webinar, How to File a Medicaid Application, and
- June 23, ElderCounsel webinar, How to File a VA Application, http://www.eldercounsel.com
- June 11 – 12, ElderCounsel, Veterans Pension Immersion Camp, Atlanta, GA
- June 25, Virginia Continuing Legal Education, Veterans Administration Accreditation, Charlottesville, VA, http://www.vacle.org
Angela Manz is licensed to practice law in Virginia and North Carolina.